About transport and logistics
Logistics and transportation companies deal with getting products and services from one location to another.
Logistics refers to how resources are handled, stored, and moved along the supply chain.
Transportation refers specifically to the movement of goods and persons from place to place, and the various means by which it’s accomplished, typically via air freight and logistics, shipping, road, and rail.
Businesses involved in logistics and transportation face a variety of environmental fluctuations which complicate their daily operations. In addition to varying fuel costs and consumer demand, they may also be subject to industry regulations and even at risk from irregular political, criminal, and geographical events.
Companies in this sector furthermore need to contend with various EHS and ESG considerations within the arenas of worker safety and environmental concerns.
- Dealing with heavy loads and potentially hazardous equipment and material
- Operating heavy machinery such as cranes, forklifts, etc.
- Optimizing transportation ergonomics for drivers
- Maximizing road safety and ensuring that drivers receive adequate and updated training
- Managing unwanted criminal events such as attempted vehicle hijackings and assaults on employees
- Recording and investigating all incidents, injuries, near misses, and non-conformances
- Complying with existing government and industry regulations regarding the environmental impact of transportation activities
- Minimizing noise pollution and tracking carbon monoxide emissions from transportation vehicles
- Reducing energy consumption throughout the logistics and transportation supply chain
- Decreasing ecological damage suffered as a result of transportation activities, such as roadkill for example
- Dealing with growing regulatory and public pressure to increase the sustainability of transportation devices and the overall logistics supply chain, and switching to ‘greener’ modes of transport such as electric vehicles
IsoMetrix reduces risk and improves efficiencies with ESG and EHS software for transport and logistics companies.
- Identify on-site health hazards, mitigate the risks, and monitor the health of your workforce
- Record detailed incident information including injuries, illnesses, near misses, hazards, environmental releases, and other workplace events
- Analyze unwanted events and their causes, as well as their future likelihood and potential consequences
- Set automated notifications and safety-related reminders to reduce risk and the likelihood of costly incidents
- Effectively manage permits and meet regulatory obligations that logistics and transportation companies must comply with
- Capture, calculate, track, and analyze relevant environmental data
- Use intuitive and configurable dashboards to conduct advanced trend analysis and risk and environmental assessments
- Seamlessly integrate our EHS and ESG software with your existing business process management systems and document management solutions
- Report on ESG matters to internal and external stakeholders easier, faster, and more accurately than ever before
By utilizing transport and logistics EHS and ESG management software, companies in this industry can:
- Effectively manage and reduce their environmental, health and safety risks
- Identify key areas for EHS and ESG improvement, and create strategies to reach their set goals and targets in this regard
- Reduce the negative environmental impacts of their business operations
- Maintain compliance with transport and logistics industry and governmental regulations, and avoid costly fines and penalties
- More efficiently report on EHS and ESG-related activities to internal and external stakeholders
Benefits to using our powerful software
Utilizing our software comes with multiple benefits in the process of comprehensively managing your transport and/or logistics organization’s EHS and ESG needs.
Oversee and manage all your EHS and ESG data via intuitive dashboards, and powerful data visualizations.
Track and organize all your EHS and ESG data so that it’s quickly and easily referenced, as well as being fully auditable.
Improve collaboration by easily sharing reports between internal departments, and with your external stakeholders.
✅ Frameworks and standards
Avoid fines and penalties by adhering to the latest industry standards and compliance regulations.
Analyze your EHS and ESG performance metrics to see if you’re on track to meeting your company’s goals and targets.
✅ Customer service
You’ll have an assigned IsoMetrix Client Success Manager, ensuring you get full value from our dynamic software.